Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bandwagon(ing)

What's going on in the world at the moment? I'll tell you what... Sinkholes, smoking babies (classic), and world cup fever. I'll be the first to admit, I don't follow football, but will definately attempt to watch some of the matches, which makes me a prime candidate for 'bandwagon nube 2010'. But thats fine, the world cup is the base line, not the melody of this post (I also like music, ladies).

Today I ran across one of the best idea's I've seen for fan merchandising. Which inherently means that it will be cool and entertaining for a very brief period of time then become annoying, just like the bandwagon. You can't tell me that there wouldn't be a million photo's of you and your mates in these shirts pissed off your nut in South Africa if this was your home team.
Advertising School: Willem de Kooning Academie, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Creatives: Bas van de Poel, Daan van Dam
Photographer: Milan Daniels

Awesome ideas like this are so simple that you always think 'I could totally have done that', while the only difference between you and these two Dutch dudes is, and it's a very small fact, that you didn't. The flip side of being out-thought by a bunch of clog wearing windmill fanatics with a simple idea is that it inspires us to give it a go. Flip side again, I'd put money on a 5-minute wave of inspiration followed by a seriously prolonged session of XBox. If in an hour I'm right, you owe me a high-5.

One last note on the bandwagon(ing), obviously the faces on these tee's are fairly notable Dutch soccer stars, but I wouldn't have the foggiest who the are, but I can guarantee they have the word 'van' or 'vaan' somewhere in their names and have smoking hot wives. Because thats how stereotyping works.

EDIT: On re-reading I went back and changed 'soccer' to 'football'. Point proven

No comments:

Post a Comment