Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scotch (no longer on rocks)

Because sometimes quietly enjoying a fine oak single malt scotch while listening to the crackling of a cuban rolled cigar just doesnt do it for you anymore. It's just isn't arrogant enough. You need to take it to the next level. But what does the man who has perfected arrogant, and written the book on smarmy do next. Accessorise, thats what. It's the reason a man pays an extra £30,000 for the carbon fibre trimmings on his new Aston Martin while using it as a town car, won't accept his Patek Philip losing more 1/100th of a second per day, and won't settle for anything less than the mose efficient and arrogant method of iceing his scotch. No longer will he be held back by plebeans and their cubes, spheres of ice are the man's way forward.

Last night over a cold fine oak 12 year with a friend I remembered McCallan's Ice Ball machine and how drinking my $13 scotch on cubes just made me feel cheap. And as I wiped the corners of my mouth clean with $100 notes I vowed to never do injustice to fine liquor again.


















And that, kiddies, is how aweome is born, along with some kind of gravity and something about copper. I started reading how it works but was distracted by how good I was for drinking fine scotch with an ice sphere. If you don't follow, that's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment